June 23, 2009

Rapala Trophy Dealers...where are they?

Ok, in my Rapala circles I have heard whispers of some tackle retailers and dealers that are 'Rapala Trophy Dealers' - the definition for a dealer of this type is as follows:

".... proud to be a Rapala Trophy dealer, which means you'll find a thorough selection of genuine Rapala lures plus special lure colors and patterns available only through Rapala Trophy Dealers..."

The thing I don't understand is, if it is such a prestigious honor to be a Rapala Trophy Dealer, then how come no one ever advertises it? High volume sellers like Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, and more have to be Trophy Dealers, right?

Ehhh...I don't really know.

A Google search of 'Rapala Trophy dealer' yeiled like a zillion Rapala Wii fishing trohies, and I could only fine ONE listed...I gave up after a few hundred pages after that.

Why is this so important? Why should anyone care?

Well, as a Rapala fanatic as myself, typically these dealers DO HAVE hard to find Rapala lures, limited editions, and lure colors and patterns only previously available in European markets.

I don't think there were too many people in the USA were aware that Rapala 'secretly' re-released the Rapala Husky H-13 recently. Being marketed as (hopefully new) "Classics', Rapala brought back the big ole chunky floater for a limited time it seems. I was lucky enough to stumble across a few of them. But of course, the site never did tout themselves as a 'Trophy Dealer".

If you do run across one, be sure to skim through every Rapala they have. You might just find something you've never seen before.

If you'd like more info, be sure to visit the rest of RapalaNation @ RapalaNation.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment